The unique feature of lithium iron phosphate cells is that it adopts olive-shaped crystal structure. Crystal is the shape after crystallization, which is divided into ion, molecule, atom and metal crystal. The ion crystal of lithium-ion cells refers to the spread geometry of ion compounds in its cathode material.
That is, a crystal formed by the combination of positive and negative ion groups by ionic bonds in a certain proportion. In general, ionic crystals are brittle and hard with high melting and boiling points, and can conduct electricity when molten or dissolved. All lithium-ion batteries for sale, including lithium iron phosphate cells, are based on ionic conductivity.
Most of the crystal structure in the positive electrode of lithium ion cells adopt a kind of arrangement of "spinel structure". Manganese acid lithium, cobalt acid lithium and ternary lithium cells are the same.
Such a structure composed of eight small cubic unit is called as spinel crystal cell (the crystal unit, literally for crystal cell), which are then combined into an octahedral crystal structure. The olive-shaped crystal of lithium iron phosphate cells is a short cylinder.
The above three lithium cells of spinel structure have their own characteristics. Cobalt acid lithium cell has excellent comprehensive performance, but it has low capacity, safety problems and high market promotion price. Manganese acid lithium cell is easy to obtain, and is of low cost and safety, but its cycling performance and storage performance are poor.
Ternary lithium cells are intended to balance the two with increased capacity and improved safety due to structural stability, but they are still more expensive because of the need for cobalt, a strategic raw material. Spinel lithium ion cells generally have low power and are not suitable for large scale.
1. Moderate voltage of lithium iron phosphate cells for sale: Nominal voltage is 3.2V, termination charging voltage is 3.6V, and termination discharging voltage is 2.0V.
2. Theoretical capacity is large and energy density is 170mAh/g.
3. Good thermal stability and high temperature resistance.
4. Battery energy storage is moderate, and positive-electrode materials can be compatible with most electrolyte systems.
5. Termination voltage is 2.0V, which can release more capacity. The discharge power is large and balanced.
6. The voltage platform has good characteristics, and the balance degree of the charging and discharging voltage platform can be close to the regulated power supply.
The above technical characteristics enable the ideal of high power and safety to be realized, which strongly promotes the large-scale application of lithium iron phosphate cells.
In addition to technical characteristics, lithium iron phosphate cells have two market advantages:
1. Cheap raw materials and rich resources.
2. Lithium iron phosphate cells are free of precious metals, non-toxic, and environment-friendly, which makes them become the preferred battery energy storage technology for base stations and makes their application shine in the current new energy vehicle market.